City updates posted online at fayettevillenc.gov/covid19
(Fayetteville, N.C.) – City of Fayetteville program and service updates are posted at fayettevillenc.gov/covid19. Public access to City Hall is limited. Citizens are encouraged to call via phone or do business with the city online. Specific details for how to reach each department are posted on fayettevillenc.gov/covid19 under the “Contact the city via phone/web” tab.
Below is a summary of what’s happening now:
Fayetteville-Cumberland Parks & Recreation:
- All department organized programs, activities, athletics, special events and rentals through April 30th are postponed.
- Recreation centers will currently remain open to the public for discretionary participation only and are operating weekdays on its established abbreviated schedule (General Purpose: 10am-6 pm; Special Purpose: 10am-4 pm). Weekend hours will remain the same. Building occupancy limited according to the Governor’s Executive Order and Center for Disease Control recommendations.
Trash, Recycling, & Yard Waste:
Fayetteville Area System of Transit:
- New screening questions for ADA FASTTRAC! Reservations, similar to those used by Fire & EMS departments
- Fayetteville Public Works Commission closed its customer service center on Old Wilmington Road for walk-in business – FAST’s Route 30 is operating as far as Wright Street along Old Wilmington Road, bulletins have been placed on buses
- 911 Communications asking additional questions to callers requesting a response:
-Is anyone inside the residence experiencing flu-like symptoms or fever?
-Has anyone been exposed to COVID 19 or been in contact with anyone exposed to COVID 19?
-Is it possible for you to meet the officer outside the residence?
(Answers will not prevent responses by first responders or slow response)
- Please handle police-related business over the phone/internet if possible
- To file a police report over the phone, call: (910) 433-1529 or (910) 433-1530
- Community Watch Coordinators encouraged to stay in contact with assigned Crime Prevention Specialist through phone/email. If any member of a community watch group has questions regarding their meetings, they are asked to contact their Community Watch Coordinator.
- Station tours and ride-alongs suspended
- Maintenance fire inspections postponed at long-term healthcare and assisted living facilities
- Open, consult directly with airlines servicing the airport for most up-to-date flight information
- Additional hand sanitizer dispensers throughout the terminal
- Tailwind restaurant servicing travelers with take-out and to-go orders only
- Walk-in Customers go to Cape Fear Conference Room in City Hall
- Code Enforcement continues to operate as normal with inspections conducted by car and at a distance from others
- Building & Trade inspections continue to operate. Inspectors will ask general questions before entering homes and businesses to conduct requested inspections