City closures & service changes for holiday
(Fayetteville, N.C.) – The City of Fayetteville government will observe the national July 4th holiday. City offices will be closed Friday, July 3, 2020. Below is important information for citizens and customers:
Parks and Recreation
Fayetteville-Cumberland Parks and Recreation facilities will remain closed on Friday, July 3 and throughout the holiday weekend.
In compliance with the Governor’s Executive Orders #141 and #147:
- Playgrounds will remain off limits. Outdoor basketball courts, splash pads, pools and the skate park will also remain closed.
- Park green spaces and trails are open. Social distancing is encouraged.
Fayetteville Area System of Transit
FAST will operate on the current modified schedule (all Routes ending at 7:00 p.m.) on Friday, July 3. There will be no FASTTRAC! reservations taken on Friday, July 3. FAST will not operate on Saturday, July 4. Service will resume on Sunday, July 5.
Fayetteville Regional Airport
The Airport administrative office will be closed July 3. Airlines and all other Airport operations will operate as regularly scheduled.
- There will be NO bulk collections on Friday, July 3. Friday’s garbage and yard waste will be collected Wednesday, July 1.
- Cart repairs and replacements will be done Wednesday, July 1
- Recycling will be collected Friday, July 3
Please share this message on your media platforms, we appreciate your help. Thank you.